Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Welcome to the Beginning

Hello to all who stumble across this blog. This is a collection of my thoughts on the Christian life, and how I am learning a little more every day what it truly means to be a follower of Christ. This isn't some religious conveyor belt to me, walking on a direct path to an end goal with little to no freedom. In my opinion the Christian life is one of expansive freedom, and it is that freedom that permits us to live passionately. I'm not old, but I've already experience quite a bit, and those experiences have driven me to hold unique perspectives on what it means to pick up your cross and follow Him. I have no formal theological training, and I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I do know that Christ gave me an inquisitive mind and a desire for truth and for Him. I've discovered that answers don't always come, and sometimes when they do arrive they hit me in unexpected ways. So be warned if you choose to read on you may be forced to confront things you never saw coming, you may see things in a light you never saw them in before, you will most likely disagree with some if not quite a bit of what I have to say, but I hope through it all that this forum drives growth, in you and in me as we search out what it means to live freely in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment